27.4.11

95th Temporal Tuesday - 26 April

************************************************************************************
Saturday, 23 April
************************************************************************************
twiteryeanot: I'm away for a bit now, I must retire to the parlour, I'm in a tenement building in Glasgow you see, circa 1850's...

shinyemptyhead: @twiteryeanot Good grief, is it #TemporalTues already?

************************************************************************************
Tuesday, 26 April
************************************************************************************
mrrustymonkey: * the elevator door on the 8th floor of the #TemporalTues twitterverse opens & a monkey doll appears, smiling *

mrrustymonkey: * he's wearing his favorite #TemporalTues sunglasses. they were last season's style ( many seasons ago ) but he doesn't care. ;-)

mrrustymonkey: * he takes a seat, on a "mod" looking couch in the waiting room. is this his seat on the #TemporalTues time machine? *

mrrustymonkey: * he steps into the #TemporalTues board room & notices a giant window / vista of the Hollywood sign in the distance *

mrrustymonkey: * he sits down @ the end of a long #TemporalTues table, in front of a video conference screen. then he closes his eyes & ...*

mrrustymonkey: Today on this #TemporalTues, I'm up, up & away! I'm off to LA! It's 3 weeks ago, yesterday.

mrrustymonkey: WME #TemporalTues, pssst... WME. That's the who & the what that I've come here to see. It has something to do with... my destiny. ;-)

mrrustymonkey: #TemporalTues, there's a thing about "here" that I'll definitely say, "LA is a great big freeway!"

mrrustymonkey: #TemporalTues, it's Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Studio City & more! I've never seen so many places in one place before!

mrrustymonkey: #TemporalTues, I'm in the land of "swimming pools & movie stars"! I see beautiful people in beautiful cars. Feels a bit like I'm from Mars!

mrrustymonkey: I'm a monkey #TemporalTues, what am "I" doing out here? Well, for starters, I'm meeting a man named Amir.

mrrustymonkey: We'll dine @ "Crustacean" & "Knoll". I think we're on the right track? Is this my reality #TemporalTues, are my 15 minutes back?

mrrustymonkey: #TemporalTues, if this is ALL there ever is, then I'll still be OK... because someone thought my story was worth hearing today.

mrrustymonkey: Oh #TemporalTues time machine, let's basque in the CA sun & sing! I Love LA

************************************************************************************
vonHogflume: #TemporalTues I tried to warn the authorities in 1986 about the imminent dangers at Chernobyl, but they laughed at me! Ach, too late.

vonHogflume: #TemporalTues I left Chernobyl (via time machine) before the reactor exploded, but many people could not do so. It was a great tragedy.

ZAmmi: @vonHogflume ah! you have reminded me it is #temporaltues. Thank you, my dear sir. @wendell_howe

************************************************************************************
Captain_Zaphod: #TemporalTues Signed onboard the mining ship " Nostromo" (cryo-sleep good for a hangover), their sneaky shipboard computer has them investigate a suspected SOS, & they land on a distant planet. The crew discovers some strange creatures and investigates. All get mauled except me & the chick in her underthings. XLTweet

************************************************************************************
meredeth: maybe i'll take a peek at lincoln's assassination today. w/ all these time travelers, it must be crowded in that theatre. #temporalTues

************************************************************************************
Wendell_Howe: Don't forget #TemporalTues Celebrate the anniversary of the end of World War III today.

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe wait, the end of World War III? o_0; that's..that's not anythin to do with Skynet comin online last week, is it? #TemporalTues

ZAmmi: #TemporalTues Rewinding a few months to the last flight of Discovery so that I can watch it live. This time from in the cockpit @Wendell_Howe

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe Intense G's push me down into my seat as if I'm inside a ten ton cheese press. Vibrations course through my body #TemporalTues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe I grit my teeth against the weight of it only to have the force lurch me sideways unexpectedly at a gimbal turn #TemporalTues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe nearly biting my tongue in half! What was it? The commander's pressure-warped voice echoes in my ear. #TemporalTues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe We've rolled 180 degrees! No wonder I feel odd, we're upside down! #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe G's increase, until I think you can spread me like butter. The view outside shows the precious arc of blue earth #TemporalTues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe greeting us with it's smile. Clouds skimming past more like froth on the surface of a shallow seawater wave #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe as it expends its energy on the beach than like something flying through the air #TemporalTues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe swiftly it retreats as if the tide has turned, & soon we're going faster than it is, even tho it's got a shorter #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe track than us, so much further up, up, ...and away! The pressure is breathless! I can't tell if it's #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe my surroundings that are wobbling, or my eyeballs! Just as I am on the verge of slipping into unconsciousness, #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe the SRB engines detach. I still can't move my arms and legs, they're plastered to the thing I'm sitting on, #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe but the capcom's friendly voice tells us cheerfully that we haven't surpassed 'a comfortable' 3Gs. Comfortable? #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe Ha! Tell that to my tunnel vision! Alright for him to say, he's safely in Houston, with two feet on the ground #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe I'm riding a 20412 ton rocket burning 10 tons of fuel per second, accelerating towards 17,321 miles per hour! #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe I seem to be seeing the world in grayscale. The fierce roar of the engine subsides as #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe we approach space and there's no atmosphere to carry sound. The eerie rattling of internal equipment continues. #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe I hope this thing holds together! #TemporalTues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe main engines begin to power down, everything stops rattling. no wind resistance up here only celestial silence. #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe With 1 final lurch, the main engines cut off & are disconnected to fall back to Earth & burn as they themselves #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe burned; a metallic phoenix unlike its SRB sisters, will not rise again out of its ashes; but shall be scattered #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe to fall in rain and feed the earth again. Just like all that walks beneath its path across the sky, for we are #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe stardust. Unknowingly we plough the dust of stars, and drink the universe in a glass of rain. #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe The shuttle is now in space, and we are free to fly. I unhitch my cumbersome belt and launch suit, and embrace #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe the heady light euphoria of freefall. #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe The window dazzles me with so much pastel swirling beauty, deep sapphire seas, wrinkled mountain ranges, #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe smooth swathes of snow, river estuaries and desert both looking like an abstract everchanging painting, that #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe my eyes flood with breathless tears, which float off in all directions in shimmering blobs reflecting the light #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe as perfectly as liquid mercury. Against the blackness behind, Earth glows all the more brilliantly. Did you know #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe that Earth is so beautifully flooded with light that it eclipses every star in the sky? It outshines them all! #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe A longing soothes through my veins, to touch my feet on solid earth again, this Earth; that shows off its #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_howe treasures to those who soar in space above it, as if it wishes to entice us to return while simultaneously #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe encourage & implore these intrepid escapists of the surly bonds of gravity to share what they have seen #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe of her preciousness, of how fragile the delicate veil of atmosphere she wraps about herself really is; #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe how her lush clothin of verdant forest has been scarred; her rivers choked; how greatly she fears for her future #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe Do we who sigh in wonder at her views, the sound of birdsong, the swoosh of water underfoot, the dance of clouds #TemporalTues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe do we love her? Does not love revolt against neglect? #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe I make my way back to the time machine, in my mind I'm pondering the words of many an astronaut #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe "The Earth was small, light blue, and so touchingly alone; our home that must be defended like a holy relic" #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe --Aleksei Leonov, the first man to do an EVA spacewalk. #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe I did not expect this trip to affect me so strongly. I hit the big red button with unexpected tears stinging my #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe eyes, when I say home, with vehemence. #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe pop the kettle on Wendell, I think I need those anti-oxidents.. or something. #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @Wendell_Howe Or maybe just a refreshing cup of tea ;) #temporaltues

ZAmmi: @ZorkFox Behold, blue and green glowing thing of another time; it must be #TemporalTues!

patrickgates: @ZAmmi Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue #TARDIS #TemporalTues

************************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment