18.4.12

146th Temporal Tuesday - 17 April

‏@Captain_Zaphod: #TemporalTues 17 Apr 1937 to see the debut of Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd and Petunia Pig. Ate 5 bags of popcorn & 2 bags of peanuts to.

@Wendell_Howe: It's #TemporalTues http://temporaltues.blogspot.com/ Join @Captain_Zaphod and sneak into a movie theatre in the past.

@Captain_Zaphod: @Wendell_Howe Gonna be one crowded theatre...

************************************************************************************
@vonHogflume: #TemporalTues I really enjoyed attending a medieval feast, but found the idea of throwing meat bones to the floor for the dogs a bit odd.

@vonHogflume: #TemporalTues Just back from 1914, where I enjoyed watching "The Photo Drama of Creation" put on by Bible Students. 8 hours of early cinema!

************************************************************************************
@mrrustymonkey: * somewhere in the #TemporalTues twitterverse, a small piece of luggage tumbles over & an old monkey dolls squeaks out in distress *

@mrrustymonkey: * it feels like someone's given him a swift kick in the head. it's dark, but he can see #TemporalTues stars *! *! *!

@mrrustymonkey: * he hears muffled talking. sounds like Uncle Mark & grandaddy are saying something about football & ordering #TemporalTues beer? *

@mrrustymonkey: * he tries to wiggle himself around in the cramped, pitch black space. is this his seat on the #TemporalTues time machine? *

@mrrustymonkey: * he wonders what has become of his little blue crochet hat? the luggage flops back over again. he squeaks & closes his #TemporalTues eyes *

@mrrustymonkey: Today on this #TemporalTues, I'm feeling all rough & tumble. I'm being tossed to-and-fro! It's a week ago.

@mrrustymonkey: I'm on a plane for Vegas #TemporalTues. It's their anniversary you see. And I was once their ring bearer - yep, little old toy monkey me.

@mrrustymonkey: I should have my own ticket #TemporalTues! Alright, I really shouldn't complain…but this old Vuitton case kinda drives me insane. ;-)

@mrrustymonkey: * the #TemporalTues luggage opens temporarily. oh bother, mommy's just digging around for mints! he spies the back of Aunt Nancy's head *


@mrrustymonkey: I can hear my mammaw #TemporalTues. I'd much rather sit in her lap. Instead, I'm stuck in this old "Speedy" trap. ;-(

@mrrustymonkey: Now they're watching a movie #TemporalTues. They've forgotten about me. I'd like some Biscoff cookies. Will someone please set me free?

@mrrustymonkey: * the #TemporalTues bag opens again & there's his daddy! he says, "You OK in there little buddy?" monkey grins, closing his eyes again *

@mrrustymonkey: #TemporalTues, I just heard Uncle Mark say "limo" - we must be on the ground? And I can hear that old bing bonging slot machine sound!

@mrrustymonkey: Where's "The Strip" #TemporalTues? I want to see those bright lights! "Hey mommy, can I pop out & see all the sights?"

@mrrustymonkey: *he looks up to see a beam of #TemporalTues light slicing through the darkness. the zipper slides open & a hand reaches in to pull him out*

@mrrustymonkey: Hooray #TemporalTues! We're unpacked & ready to relax in our room. We're way up in the sky. Did I just hear a loud boom?

@mrrustymonkey: #TemporalTues, that fountain outside shoots high up in the air! The water dances to music! Let's just sit here & stare.

@mrrustymonkey: #TemporalTues, that building's covered with faces. It that Donny & Marie? Now this looks like a Vegas of my memory?

@mrrustymonkey: #TemporalTues, but where's Elvis & Wayne Newton... the Rat Pack @ the Dunes? That fake Eiffel Tower seems a bit "Looney Tunes".

@mrrustymonkey: * he continues to sit, mesmerized by the #TemporalTues entertainment below. everything appears to be spinning. he grins.

@mrrustymonkey: OK #TemporalTues. This is Vegas, so just about anything goes. Tomorrow night, we'll enjoy a cool Broadway-style show!

@mrrustymonkey: But tonight #TemporalTues, we celebrate 15 & 45! It's their anniversary & her birthday… & we're all still alive. ;-)

@mrrustymonkey: Let's order room service #TemporalTues & listen to old standards & jazz. We'll save tomorrow for any wild razzmatazz!

@mrrustymonkey: * he hears a familiar #TemporalTues song playing & suddenly he's back in a 1960's Vegas with his daddy. "How lucky can one monkey be!"

@mrrustymonkey: Oh #TemporalTues time machine, here's a coin to make your slot machine ring... View video

@thisbear: @mrrustymonkey Rusty?! *world suddenly gets brighter, like a whole box of brand new crayons*

************************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment